22 Jan Raise the Standard
January 19, 2020, Church For All, message by M. Garswa Matally aka Brother G
Raise the Standard
That is our theme for this year: Raise the Standard.
Our 2020 theme is a call for us to uphold and not to lower the standard that the Lord Himself has raised up. In the same way that the Lord raises the standard, we must raise the standard, or keep it raised up.
The standard is…
- A banner, emblem or flag that represents a government or legal entity; it stands for authority, in this case, the authority of God’s kingdom rooted in God’s name and God’s word.
- A level of quality that is desirable or acceptable; it is an accepted norm of excellence that must be maintained for the purpose of quality.
When speaking of standard, the keywords are:
Isaiah 59:19-21 – walk through
It is this biblical idea of God’s standard that we should apply to ourselves and our ministry through this church, starting this year, into the decade, and far beyond, for as long as the Lord will allow us to live and serve Him on this side of Heaven.
- What it means to raise the standard
- Live out who God says we are.
- Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.”
- Philippians 2:15“…become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world”
- 1 Peter 2:9-10 “…you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God…”
- Treat God like He is first in our lives.
- Proverbs 3:9 “Honor the LORD with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase.”
- Revelation 22:13“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
- Why it’s time for us to raise the standard
- God is worthy of the high standard He has set for us
- Psalms 29:2, “Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.”
- Romans 11:36 “For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.”
- Revelation 4:11“You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; because You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.”
- What to expect when we raise the standard
- We get the nod from God.
- Job 1:8“Then the LORD said to Satan, ‘Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?’”
- We access God’s power to prosper.
- 1 Corinthians 3:6“I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.”
- Example: Joseph; Genesis 39:3,5, “And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all he did to prosper in his hand. 5 So it was, from the time that he had made him overseer of his house and all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was on all that he had in the house and in the field.”
- We appropriate God’s power to conquer.
- Revelation 12:11 “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”